Saved items missing

I can confirm that the one story I saved yesterday - which was the only story in the saved stories was there and went missing. It now no longer shows up in the android app either.

I can confirm that mine was in Saved Stories and then disappeared.

Iā€™m hoping that you never discover a story saved by actually seeing it in your saved stories and then having it disappear. More likely is that it was never saved successfully, even though the UI optimistically claimed it did.

The problem is that a) saving stories works fine for me and most users (tens of thousands of stories are saved everyday), and b) the UI does handle broken saved stories and should show you an error (although itā€™s possible this broke, which is what Iā€™m hoping for).

[![](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/915741/(_inline.png?1371779073)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/915741/(.png?1371779073)

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s related, but I see inconsistency between the Saved Items count and the count of returned items. In the attached, for instance: 21 vs. 13.

Yes, this is happening to me. Using Safari v6 on Mac and both iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).

1. Save an article using any platform. That platformā€™s ā€œSaved Storiesā€ count increments.
  2. Do a sync on other two platforms. Both increment and all three show the correct amount of Saved Stories.
  3. Come back later (4-12 hours), open one platform, and the last Saved Story (or multiple) disappears. Check the other devicesā€¦gone as well.

This has happened at least four times. The last was about 5 min ago. All Saved Stories appear in my activity feed.

I am also seeing saved stories disappear. And I am 99% sure that I saw it in saved stories first. Here are the details of this particular example:

It was a BoingBoing story with a video(chain of beads leaping out of a glass beaker in slow motion) that I wanted to watch at home so I saved it.

Becuase I have been losing stories and am paranoid I checked the saved feed and it was there. I then also checked the saved feed on the Android app and it was synced there as well.

A few days later a friend posted that video to Facebook and I suddenly remembered that I had saved it but it is not there nowā€¦

User name Zetetic and you are very welcome to poke around to see if you can track it down.

And I just checked my activities feed and I can see all the saves there but they are not in the saved feed. I have lost lots of saves.

I also ā€œlostā€ a saved item (from Official iOS App).
Weird thing is that I still see this save in my ā€œActivitiesā€ list but itā€™s not in my list.

Since Samuel suggested that the saved stories perhaps never really saved (but instead just reported that they had saved), I have been checking my Saved Stories section every time I add something to it. Today I can report that a story that successfully saved has in fact disappeared. Earlier today I saved two stories, including an XKCD comic. I checked Saved Stories to ensure they were there. They were. Just a few minutes ago (several hours later) I realized that the count was off, so I checked the Saved Stories, and the XKCD comic was gone.

Once or twice before I thought a story Iā€™d seen in Saved Stories had disappeared, but this is the first time I am absolutely sure.

I am using Chrome on Windows 7 - both fully updated. During the incidents described above I used only this machine to access NewsBlur.

I can confirm Stuartā€™s results. I saved an article from FiveThirtyEight this afternoon on Chrome Portable on Win7. As I said I would I verified that Story Saved appeared, the count increased, and the story was in the Saved Stories.

Just now I went to check and the count was down and the story was missing.

Stuart and Benjamin, what are your username?

BenjaminGriffith

stuartrue

nbsheeran

I lost another saved story today. My username is in the reply above. I just started the following test (10:15pm, AZ time).

• Saved a story using the web app. The story indicated saved and counter increased.
  • Went to iPhone app: refreshed and web app saved story is there. Now I saved a story from a separate feed. Saved correctly, and checked the web app - updated as well.
  • Went to the iPad app and did the same thing: it shows the two saved stories from above and I saved a third article (all three are separate feeds) from the iPAd version. Again, it indicates saved. I refreshed the other two and now all three platforms correctly indicate the three saved stories ā€“ one each from each (four actuallyā€¦there is one from previous).

Iā€™ll keep an eye on update if either of the three drop out. Hope this is useful.

90 minutes later I checked NewsBlur with my iPhone. The last article saved (via the iPad) disappeared. The web app and iPad app show it gone as well. All three saved articles appear in my Activity List.

On the Android App I regularly see ā€œunable to saveā€ or some text similar but if I click save again I get a success message. To me they all seem to appear when look at save on my desktop. But the Android UI is giving me error message and happens on first save with every second save I do.

I have the same issue. Last night whilst out, I saved an article from io9.com for later reading (their roundup of Julyā€™s sci-fi book releases etc) in the app. The app cheerfully reported that it had been saved but when I got on my laptop later that night, the article was nowhere to be seen. Iā€™m reasonably sure Iā€™ve lost other saved articles too but at this point I donā€™t remember specifics on those unfortunately. Username scousegit.

It should also be noted that it does show in the activities list that I saved the article, but it does not exist in my saved articles list.

My saved articles have been stuck at precisely 100 since I imported everything from Google Reader. I have saved several articles since then, and none have stuck around - I still have the earliest 100 saved from Google Reader and no more. This issue is the sole thing preventing me from upgrading to paid as itā€™s clearly a bug and not a premium holdback. :frowning: