Runs out of story items when reading feeds and have to reload page to get more

bump, same issues

The problem is still present and that’s more and more annoying :frowning:
First i thought that was link to the “oldest first” view, but no it’s not link to that.

I don’t know what to say to help you save the problem :frowning:

Last week, it seemed like this had been fixed – newsblur seemed a lot faster and I wasn’t having to reload folders to get new unread items to show. I assumed it was fixed by the Oct 2 commit I see on github.

But, it appears still broken (or perhaps a recent commit has re-broken it).

Im no longer having this problem since the Oct 2.

Ah… This could come from me. Maybe the browser or the extensions, i will look into it.
(thx for the answers)

I just fixed the last of this type of issue. Having tested it, it looks like it works great now. I tried with a folder full of 200 unreads, and I slowly read it all without reloading over an hour.

I find that I have this problem despite being a premium user. Having an uninterupted feed would certainly be nice

I still have the problem, so I’m not sure what fix you’re talking about.

It’s so bad that I went to one feed with 17 unread items, and as soon as I hit the 11th item, NewsBlur said there were no more unread items. Had to click the feed again to see the remaining six items.

Don’t get me wrong, you’re still miles ahead of Feedly, but I feel like your service worked better a few months ago than it does now.

At least with the SteamGifts feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/steamgifts) the problem seems to have gotten worse since yesterday or so. However, when I read all stories, oldest first & unread only (usually this happens after I particularly check the aforementioned feed), I don’t often have problems with items not appearing.

You were all absolutely right. Turns out I was expiring the cache in terms of seconds and not milliseconds. So instead of 60 minutes (3,600 seconds), it was being set to 3.6 seconds. Luckily, the massive rewrite I performed all day yesterday should result in faster load times for reading by folder and reading social subscriptions (both global and all shared). Thanks!

1 Like

Here’s the commit, for those interested: https://github.com/samuelclay/NewsBlu…

I am experiencing the same problem since last night as well. Have to click on the feed again to load more stories. Some of my bigger feeds I have to do this 3+ times to read them all.

I see you fixed the problem just as I complained. LOL

Thanks. Works great so far.

Hi,
The issue is still here for me (Feed, Full, Folder). It’s there in both Opera and Firefox. I’ve also seen it on Windows, but haven’t tested there in a few hours:-)

For me the reload, ‘r’, only gets an additional five items.
Wheen looking at a single feed, i.e. not a folder, I don’t seem to have this issue.

Please let me know how I could help troubleshoot this.

Btw, the problem is very consistent for me. It’s always been there since quite som time.

Sorry to report that it’s still happening to me too. I use ‘n’ to advance to the next unread story (unread only, reading by folder), and I’m still occasionally getting to the bottom of the window (the scroll bar goes all the way to the bottom) and there is still 1 unread story remaining (not sure if it’s always exactly 1 store remaining, but that’s all I’ve seen since yesterday’s update).

This has always happened to me on the web. I only use Chrome as the browser.

I am doing the following…

1. Clicking on ‘All Site Stories’
  2. Filter Options: Unread Only; Oldest
  3. I scroll through stories using the keyboard shortcut ‘J’

Reproducing it now…

1. I just went through it and even though I have 500+ unread stories, after 12 stories it doesn’t show any more in the bottom pane.
  2. Hit ‘R’ key to refresh
  3. Was able to go through 24 stories hitting ‘J’ to advance to next story
  4. Hit ‘R’ key again to refresh
  5. Was able to go through 12 stories hitting ‘J’ to advance to next story
  6. Hit ‘R’ key again to refresh
  7. Was able to go through 12 stories hitting ‘J’ to advance to next story
  8. Hit ‘R’ key again to refresh
  9. Was able to go through 36 stories hitting ‘J’ to advance to next story
  10. Hit ‘R’ key again to refresh
  11. Was able to go through 24 stories hitting ‘J’ to advance to next story

I am a premium member. It seems that it loads some multiple of 12 stories and then I have to refresh to get more into the river.

I though it maybe chrome or an extension was causing the problem but it is also happening in IE 10.

It happens like an intended behavior only loading a certain number of stories at a time.

Same problem on dev.newsblur.com in both chrome and IE.

I have this problem in Chrome 31 on Win8. It’s very frustrating.

It is really frustrating that this is still happening.

There are at least 3 problem threads that describe the same problem and it has been around for almost a year with no resolution.