Items marked "read" ARE NOT read -- when will we get a fix?

Same issue here. Both ways I know to mark an entire feed as read don’t work. Sometimes it removes the bold attribute from the stories, but the unread count stays high.

Using Firefox on Windows 8.1.

In addition, to the bottom left, a window labelled “Counting is difficult” stays up. This window can be closed but perhaps it’s a clue as to what part is malfunctioning.

Not much to add technically, but I’ve been seeing the same symptoms in Opera Next 20 for the last few days. Items can be marked read individually without any problem, but marking a folder read is hit or miss

Just to add to this, it may be coincidental, but when I’m seeing this problem, it seems as though the feeds stop auto-refreshing and I have to hit F5 in order to pull down any new stories and update the feed counts.

Not something I’ve specifically noted, but now that you say it I do remember seeing several new feeds show up with unread items after a reload.

Not surprising I guess. As I’ve noted before in this topic, when everything is working I can see Newsblur making requests to the server every 20 seconds, when mark all as unread is broken no request are ever made.

I had a problem with deleting a feed as well. It just kept coming back when I reloaded the page.

Starting to look more and more like the problems is communication with the servers breaking rather than marking all as unread not working… Individual items still get marked as read when clicked though, hmm…

This is just not getting fixed and it’s not even consistent. Sometimes it will work in Chrome, sometimes it won’t. Sometimes opening an incognito page works, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes closing and opening the tab works, sometimes it doesn’t. Firefox seems even worse.

The sometimes this and sometimes that works really just indicates that the issue occurs one page load. What you did to load the page probably doesn’t matter a whole lot.

nevermind…not related to addons at all. The tip someone else mentioned about logging out and logging back in seems to have cleared the issue for me for good.

Since this thread has evolved into a bunch of failing network calls, I’m starting to think it’s related to those spiking load times on the dashboard graphs. I’m looking into why network behavior is so slow, which seems ot be the root cause of this.

I’m having the same “update read items” on all three browsers. Thanks

Still having issue with “Mark all read” button for second day already, would be nice to have it fixed, applicable for Chrome, FF, IE. Though on Android works fine.

A lot of us are. He’s working on it, or trying to figure out what’s wrong at least. I bet you Samuel want it fixed as much as we do if not more.

Couldn’t agree more. To be honest, I expect a fix by tomorrow. I am planning to take down to production database for a few hours to perform maintenance and will have it back up tonight. You’ll notice next to no downtime.

Oh hey, the stuff that wasn’t working over the past few days seems to be wokring at this very moment so maybe whatever you guys did worked? Unless it’s just working ‘right now’

Drew, I just pushed out some front-end fixes that possibly caused the issue. I fixed the “Counting is difficult” issue, so it should now disappear and possibly fix the other issues as well. I am running a very big maintenance process and have for the past two days, and that’s causing the bump in load times. But it should finish tonight (I hope) and it should never have caused any of these issues.

It does indeed seem like it’s fixed now. I’ve reloaded many and not had any issues at all.

Yeap, seems to be working now, thanks!

I think I’ve actually seen that problem (race condition between loading pages and marking it as read) for ages… Reported it awhile ago, but I think there’s been a few related bugs and you fixed something different.

In my case, it’s marking the entire feed as read that’s not working - both by hitting the checkmark and using Shift + A.

The above quote is from my previous post. This is still an ongoing problem for me. It disappeared for a while, but has been happening again for the last few weeks at least.

I would start a new thread, as this one has been fixed and is a bit too lengthy to get anything done on. Be specific about your platform, as I can’t read the entire thread to get context. I’m sorry that you’re still having issues, but as far as I can tell, you shouldn’t be having any read story issues.