Can't log in since Sunday, 2/25/24

So using custom server dwww resolved the issue i was having on Newsblur crashing/closing (which I created a separate post about).
It still crashes though if I don’t use custom server.
Android 7.0

@andrei Know why Android 7.0 would crash on www but not dwww? I’m going to be taking dwww down soon, so we need to make sure everybody’s covered.

@samuelclay I tested both www and dwww on a Android 7.0 emulator and everything loaded.
@Turban1894 I checked for crashes for Android version 7.0 but none were reported. When you say it’s crashing/closing do you see the “Android is not responding” or “Newsblur has stopped” message?

FWIW Android 7.0 supports TLS 1.2 Android 7.0 Behavior Changes  |  Android Developers

@ntrel Do you still have issues on Android 7.0?

As soon as I would click login, it literally would close instantaneously and return to my tablet’s homescreen. No messages, errors, popups, toasts, etc.

I vaguely recall it sitting doing nothing on first attempt after fresh install, cache clear, etc for maybe 5-15 seconds and then closing w/ again no message but ya pretty much thereafter its the same thing no matter what I tried until I changed to the dwww custom server. Then it was back to normal again.

@Turban1894 Without any hints is gonna be tough. Would you be willing to install a custom build to see if we can catch the crash and its message? I can put together one tomorrow

Sorry I missed the notification. Yes it works now with the default server, thanks so much!

1 Like