XKCD What-If atom feed not updating

Feed looks valid, but I’m not seeing any stories in the feed newer than September 2015.

Here’s the feed: http://what-if.xkcd.com/feed.atom

1 Like

So this is one of the more interesting bugs I’ve seen. I’m pretty sure what happened is that somebody updated the RSS feed by hand and accidentally copied two stories from January 2015 but forgot to change the dates initially. Space Jetta and Sunbeam are the only two stories since September 2015. And if you check, those stories are there, just in the same January dates in *2015*. 

NewsBlur doesn’t allow stories to change dates. It’s a choice I made and I’m glad I’m sticking with it, but this is a clear cut case of where that fails. I’ve gone ahead and deleted the broken 2015 stories and they are now correctly appearing in 2016.

1 Like

Thanks! Would it surprise you if Randall Munroe turned out to be updating his feeds by hand?

It would surprise me, considering the stories always come out at the same time of the same day of the week. Although it seems to not be timezone aware, because it’s 5pm during DST and 4pm in the winter.

Huh.  I wonder why the feed got screwed up then. Oh well. More important things to worry about. :slight_smile: