Windows - New Web Font Blurry

Oh wow, thanks so much @Bill_Waldron - I just pasted the same CSS into Account | Custom CSS and it did the trick!

@jim6 The custom CSS that I’m using:

body {
font-family: Verdana;
}
.NB-storytitles-title {
font-size: 13px;
line-height: 15px;
}

2 Likes

Hello - confirming that the tips from Bill and Haute solved my Windows font display readability issue on beta.newsblur.com via the custom CSS feature and Haute’s code. Thanks both that is wonderful!!!

2 Likes

Solved for me too. Thanks all.

Here’s a full window snip showing this. It’s not exactly blurry to me, but it is very hard to read. This is from my Surface Go. It’s even harder to read from my full size computers with 24inch or larger displays.

Font is too thin, for starters.

Maybe as part of fixing make the font user-selectable on the web as well as the apps?

Using same font - Palantino / Georgia - same setting etc. Problem seems to be the grayish background as opposed to the whitish background on the old newsblur. How would I change the background via CSS?

Is there a way to copy the entire CSS from old to new?

Thanks,
festus

I tried using the custom css account setting, but it looks like the font picked by the “style” menu takes precedence over that.

eta: Aha. Setting the font for “#story_pane” seems to make it trump the other settings.

1 Like

In my case the font type gets changed by the custom CSS, but not the font size. Am I doing anything wrong (I have no clue on CSS coding)?

body {
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 10px;
}

Good news, I just launched a new control for changing the feed title and story title fonts. It’s under the Manage menu and on your dashboard. Choose between three fonts.

You’ll need to remove your Custom CSS to make these work. I promise you that if you expected Verdana, you’ll get it if you choose Lucida Grande (which falls back to Verdana, just like the old site).

6 Likes

Neat.
Add Lucida Grande to the Story style menu as well for consistency?

2 Likes

Thank you so much, for me this makes things brilliantly readable again. :grinning: