When opening a site: show no stories

I like to glance through lists of story titles for a site without necessarily viewing the first story immediately. Currently, the options for “When opening a site” always opens the first story, which marks that story as read (unless you switch to never automatically marking stories as read, which certainly isn’t what I want). If I had the option to by default just show that list of titles without actually opening any stories – which is how I have Google Reader set up – then I could pick-and-choose which stories I actually felt like reading, by expanding only those stories, one-at-a-time.

1 Like

In List view, with your “When opening a site” preference set to “Show all stories” (as opposed to “Open the first story”), you get a list of titles just like Google Reader’s List View (with the addition of favicons and NewsBlur’s training indicators, of course).

1 Like

You know, it would’ve been a good idea for my to try that setting rather than assuming its meaning from the name (and guessing wrong). Thanks for pointing that out – that’s exactly the feature I wanted!