Website no longer loading under waterfox

loading under waterfox classic shows many components missing. i could not check under waterfox-g3 as the login box did not show when hitting the login link.

also, the bottom bar is overlapping the right scrollbar.

coupla js errors and a possible typo in css: is aewome.otf meant to be awesome?

SyntaxError: expected expression, got ‘=’[Learn More] common.42033733bec0.js:413:172

ReferenceError: _ is not defined[Learn More] everything:1315:5

ReferenceError: $ is not defined[Learn More] everything:1323:9

StyleSheetList [ CSSStyleSheet → common.3b086a558c12.css, CSSStyleSheet → fonts.css, CSSStyleSheet ] finder.js:41:9
0 finder.js:43:13
Array [ "font-family:there ; url:“aewome.otf…”, “there ; url:“aewome.otf”}@font-face…” ] finder.js:71:17
Array [ "font-family:there ; url:“aewome.otf…”, “there ; url:“aewome.otf”}@font-face…” ] finder.js:71:17
Array [ ] finder.js:86:5
“Whitney SSm A”

Another user brought this up. It’s due to a newer version of Google Closure Compiler and deploying it yesterday.

I’m downloading Waterfox now to see if I can reproduce it.

Works fine for me, so it might be account specific. What’s your username?

same as here. which waterfox? there’s classic, g3, g4

I’m using g4 and it looks fine on your account. Can you upgrade to g4?

g4 works. i can swap g3 for g4, but either way that’s my backup browser. i have no intention of giving up classic as my main browser. it’s just a different branch, not dead; the last update was today (after the problem with newsblur appeared).

Safari 13.0.4 has the same blank page.

1 Like

Ok, I’m using a un-minified JS on staging.newsblur.com. Let me know if that works and if there’s an error in the developer console upon load.

no luck, but different errors

downloadable font: hdmx: Bad numRecords: 0 (font-family: “Whitney SSm A” style:normal weight:normal stretch:normal src index:0) source: data:application/x-font-woff2;base64,d09GMgABAAAAAHSQABIAAAABP0QAAHQqAAFNDgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGh4bgZxeHIEABmAAhyYILAmCYRE … a7VzK8ZnXSX/oU2hzVDLYEcsyiSxKfUrfpEeevQsvDqCosI+dq9fY/YBhE3CzGPk/Rz97U5sNYWRHW+hdygQRBCF6AXlcy7J0YJVZpvimA+u1Nc6TqYoJUNxn04rAAA= B2B05AE49B352A57A.css:19:283775

downloadable font: Table discarded (font-family: “Whitney SSm A” style:normal weight:normal stretch:normal src index:0) source: data:application/x-font-woff2;base64,d09GMgABAAAAAHSQABIAAAABP0QAAHQqAAFNDgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGh4bgZxeHIEABmAAhyYILAmCYRE … a7VzK8ZnXSX/oU2hzVDLYEcsyiSxKfUrfpEeevQsvDqCosI+dq9fY/YBhE3CzGPk/Rz97U5sNYWRHW+hdygQRBCF6AXlcy7J0YJVZpvimA+u1Nc6TqYoJUNxn04rAAA= B2B05AE49B352A57A.css:19:283775

Error: No suitable storage found common.9e915a7c0372.js:26475:8060

ReferenceError: _ is not defined[Learn More] staging.newsblur.com:1277:5

TypeError: NEWSBLUR.Reader is not a constructor[Learn More] staging.newsblur.com:1287:31

Ok, I downloaded Waterfox Classic and figured out the issue. In the meantime, I upgraded a bunch of other dependencies, so things may be wonky. But check staging.newsblur.com and if all looks good then I’ll push it to prod.

still cannot even get the login box from hitting the sign in link

ReferenceError: swfobject is not defined[Learn More] common.d6b3c89a0216.js:958:374

ReferenceError: _ is not defined[Learn More] staging.newsblur.com:1277:5

TypeError: NEWSBLUR.Reader is not a constructor[Learn More] staging.newsblur.com:1287:31

1 Like

I have no idea what’s happening because I’m on Waterfox Classic and the website is working well. Do you have any settings under Waterfox that could cause it to regress on JavaScript?

not that i can think of. all of the javascript.options flags in about:config are using their defaults. even restarting it in safe mode gets the same result.

i wonder if it’s stuck in isp caching?

…and now the main site is working again, though staging is not. no change on my end.

I just deployed to production so you should now be good. Thanks for helping me narrow it down.

1 Like