Web Beta Feedback: Thumbnail Shape should go back to a square

Screenshot:

The old design showed a square, which would show a bit better thumbnail to the actual article image here:

In other words, it seems like having the thumnails long and thin (like phone-shaped) does not quite translate well to the desktop. I really think the original design for thumbnails should be ported over to the beta.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad to hear it! This is also adjustable. I haven’t blogged it yet, but I’ll include some details on this. But for now, use the menu in the top right of the module (or the story list) and change the thumbnail to be large or small, and then reduce the amount of story preview, which has increased in beta. That will deliver the same size thumbnails you’re used to.

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately that workaround also shrinks the text. Also I don’t seem to be able to get the thumbnails back into landscape mode. I can only change it to different sizes of portrait thumbnails.

I hate to nit-pick aesthetics like this for a service I’ve received so much value from. It’s just a bit jarring so I wanted to at least point it out. I’d post a “before” screenshot but I can’t seem to get back to the old design any longer.

You’ll want to switch to a shorter content preview (the 2/4/6 horizontal lines). Part of what makes the images so tall is that extra content preview which the old site didnt have.