Username (email address) is now limited to 30 characters?

Cannot log in since my username (email address) totals 31 characters.  My long-running session/cookie kept me able to log in on my existing browsers.  I started fooling around with a new Raspberry Pi this evening, and upon starting the browser up tried to log into newsblur.com. But it rejected me since my email address is too long.  Thinking it was a problem with Chromium on the Pi, I logged off my regular browser (Chrome on Mac OS), and now I can’t log back in there either!

How do I fix this?  I don’t want to use a different email address just for this app… and I was able to log in with this current address for a while so I’m guessing the character limit is a relatively new change?

1 Like

Hello? Is this thing on?  :slight_smile:

What is the normal time to get a response for a problem like this? I’m unable to use my paid-for application because of this new restriction on username length, so I’m not sure what to do next.  Thank you!

Try emailing samuel@newsblur.com as well.

Hey, you should email me your username. If you know your actual username that may work as well.

Also, there’s nothing I can do about the limit, as that’s actually in the original Django model. They may have changed that in future versions of Django that I haven’t upgraded to, but it does seem a bit short. Email me and I’ll get you sorted out.

1 Like

Ok, officially embarrassed now!  I forgot about the plain username option… all is good!

But I am wondering how I was able to switch my email address to one that was too long from one that was a slight bit shorter originally… maybe different code paths or something?

Regardless, I am now able to log in again. Thanks for the memory jog!

Just curious - is there a way to mark this as closed/resolved? Or is that something that only moderators can do or something…