Unread counts like (12/0) confuse Vivaldi's page title notifications

the Vivaldi browser has a neat little setting that puts a blue dot in the tab’s icon when the page title indicates there is new activity. This works fine with Newsblur when the unread count in the page title is something like (12), but fails when it is (12/0)

I’ve filed a bug with Vivaldi but displaying the “/0” seems like a Newsblur bug too. It seems to happen when there is a feed with activity including a hidden story.

1 Like

I’ve filed a bug with Vivaldi but displaying the “/0” seems like a Newsblur bug too. It seems to happen when there is a feed with activity including a hidden story.

The 0 is expected behaviour. The first number is normal unread items and the second is unread focused (green / trained) items.

The “/0” isn’t shown all the time though. Most of the time I just have a single unread number eg “(12)” in the title bar. I don’t understand what the difference is between “(12)” and “(12/0)”.

Nice work, you found a bug. There was some holdover logic back when I used to display negative counts in the title. If you had neither negatives AND positive stories, you would see (12), but if you had any negatives or positives, it would show all three. But because I’m hiding the negative counts now, having any negatives would show (12/0).

Fixed and deployed thanks to your persistence. 

1 Like