Too many headers

With now the Infrequent Site stories, the headers are starting to use up all the space on my screen.  I’m not planning on using the Infrequent Site as I review everything in my own time; and I rarely to never use Globally shared stories; I could care less what others share.  With these two, then “Read stories”, “Saved Stories” and the 4 or 5 headers I have made, these are getting to be a bit much and blocking all my sites on the left column.  Can we have a way to remove or hid these default headers?

1 Like

I also wanted to clean up my UI a little.  I have removed these by adding some Custom CSS/JavaScript (found under your Account settings).  I added the following (I’m not sure if it will break something else but I suspect it will be OK)

/* Remove Global Shared Stories, Infrequent Site Stories and Read Stories sections on left */
.NB-feeds-header-container.NB-feeds-header-river-container.NB-feeds-header-river-global-container { 
    display: none !important; 
}

.NB-feeds-header-container.NB-feeds-header-river-container.NB-feeds-header-river-infrequent-container { 
}

.NB-feeds-header-container.NB-feeds-header-read-container.NB-hidden.NB-block { 
}

1 Like

This is a problem on the iOS app as well. About the top 25% of the screen is now consumed by things I don’t use. It would be great to be able to suppress those things on all platforms.

1 Like

I’m using mostly iOS as well; infrequent use on desktop but it’s across the board on these two modalities.

I like having the read header, but I know nothing about coding.  I copied and paste’d the first 2 into the Custom CSS, hit refresh and the “infrequent” and “global shared” are gone.  Haven’t done anything else in Newblur yet to see if affected anything else, but so far it’s nice not seeing those!  Now to see if it worked on iOS too…

Nope; didn’t work on iOS, so this is a temp fix on desktop.  Any ideas for iOS?  It’s where I really find the reader to shine for me.  Thanks!

This will only work for the desktop version, I use iOS but I use the Reeder app http://reederapp.com/ vs the native NewsBlur app to read my RSS feeds so for me I’m OK.  I guess there won’t be a way to do on iOS in the native NewsBlur app unless it is added to the app to show/hide them.