The on feature I miss: Mark older items as read

Hi there,

The one feature I miss greatly from Google Reader (with the Reader Plus mod) is being able to mark all stories up to my currently viewed one as read. I typically use this on busy feeds that I only visit every couple weeks (Boing Boing, Lifehacker, some comedy sites). I can skim through a big chunk of headlines and then hit Shift-W and it will mark all headlines earlier than the one I have selected as read. Then next time I get a chance to visit that feed, I can pick up where I left off.

I haven’t found any functionality like that so far in Newsblur. Currently I have to scroll through a bunch of headlines to get back to where I started off, or just clear the entire thing and lose what I hadn’t gotten around to reading yet. I almost exclusively use the dev. site in case that matters.

Any plans for a feature like that?

Thanks!

5 Likes

Are you using Windows? FWIW, I’m currently building a Windows client for NewsBlur, and actually just right now implemented this exact feature :wink:

If you want to try it out, let me know, otherwise I second this request to add such functionality to the website itself.

Hi Livven,

I use a hodgepodge combo of Mac, Windows and Android. Most of my extra reading time where I’d pop into a large feed like that is usually when I’m at home on my Mac.

High five for including it though, it’s super useful for those of us that have some OCD tendencies when it comes to unread stories. :slight_smile:

-Sean