Text of articles not loading

Recently the text is not loading from most stories. The feed and direct article pages work but the text that is usually stripped and presented plain isn’t loading even after a period of time when it says it is loading, a blank page shows where the article used to show.

1 Like

same issue here

Can you offer me any examples? Use the newsblur.com/site url with the feed id.

How do I locate the specific information you are looking for?

It’s the URL in your browser when you are reading an individual site.

These are a few. All of them fail to load the text.





The “All Site Stories” fails to load any text from any of my feeds - there is simply a flashing blue bar at the top of the frame. When I click on an individual feed, I can scroll through approximately 6-8 stories before I get the same flashing blue bar at the bottom of the frame and no more stories will load until I click on the individual feed in the left frame again.

See attached screenshot.

And it just sits there? That’s not the Text view, that’s the Feed view. When you say text, you just mean the text of the story, not the Text view (at bottom) extraction of the story from the original site.

I’m not able to reproduce the issue. I’m in Full layout and Feed view and can’t seem to get that to happen.

Can you do me a favor and open the developer console and see if you’re getting an error?

Correct, my apologies - it’s the Feed view, the text of the stories normally opens in the frame on the right but currently it just sits there.

How do I open the dev console?

Try switching to the Split or List view (bottom right).

Same thing in both split and list view - I click on all site stories and it sits. no stories load.

I’ve tested several feeds on mine now and all text feeds load rather quickly, even old, already read articles. Perhaps something was reset that fixed it?

Mac OS 10.11.2,
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB,
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7,
Google Chrome browser Version 47.0.2526.106 (64-bit)
Charter Internet, 30 / 4 mbps

Jonathan, do you have any browser extensions installed? I’m beginning to suspect it’s one of those. Anything adblock related?

I’ve tried disabling all ad-blocking extensions and switching off my firewall - after a restart, same issue. This is happening in both Chrome (v. 47.0.2526.106) and IE 11 (v. 11.0.9600.18124). No settings on my router config were changed and there’s been no firmware update so I don’t see how that could be affecting it when it worked earlier this week.

Interesting note - on all 3 computers in our house, when logged into my account I get these issues. When logged into my wife’s account everything is fine.

It looks like it’s just a single feed: newsblur.com/site/2324332/barbed-wire-and-bracelets. If you try loading that it fails. There’s something strange about the story content and how it’s being parsed.

OK, I’ll delete it - not that attached to it anyway.

And there we go - working now. Thanks for all the help!