Sticky Date Range and Mark Date Range as Read

I’m not sure when it launched but the date range is an important feature. Two ways to make it more useful:

  1. You should be able to keep the range across all feeds until you undo it or a default timer removes it. I have to set it for each feed. The only workaround is to set it for a folder but if you then go to a feed you lose the range again.
  2. Marking all as read should only mark those within the range as read or at least it should give you a dialog with this choice.

It looks like NewsBlur only marks as read those in the date range, which is great. So my only remaining request is to keep the date range intact across feeds and folders.

Hmm, interesting thought. Anybody else want to see this?

Given how fast you added back some features this week, I want to once again request a sticky date range that lets you browse and search feeds and folders in that date range. Currently, it only works for browsing one feed or folder and only in the web app. The date range disappears as soon as you select a different feed or folder. It does not work at all with searches.

I hear you. This is an interesting feature, but no one chimed in, so I’m not sure that it’s worthwhile. I do wonder, though: what about the URL? If I change the URL to match that date filter, would that benefit you at all (in that you have a perma link to the date filter that you can use, so you can quickly tap on it in your bookmarks bar and get to a specific date filter in a folder or feed)? Would that work for you?

Do you mean this message board? Wouldn’t your app analytics provide better information about usage of the date range? You’ve already built the foundation. I would change the default to permanent and add a “Clear” button to remove the date range.

Regarding your suggestion, this would not help as I have too many feeds. I would need hundreds of bookmarks.