SSL error when logging in to dev.newsblur.com

My username is talha131. I have enabled SSL support in my account.
I got the invitation for “private beta for NewsBlur’s new social features”. When I tried to login I got SSL error.

>>>
This is probably not the site you are looking for!
You attempted to reach dev.newsblur.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as www.newsblur.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of dev.newsblur.com.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

1 Like

This is due to the SSL certificate doesn’t fit to the beta subdomain of NewsBlur. You could proceed in this case but you are right, this should be fixed.

I know this sounds like advertisment, but StartSSL offers one certificate per domain for free and pretty cheap wildcard certificates. The only downside is that the certificate isn’t valid on some Android devices and very old systems. But you might use them at least for you dev subdomain.

Yeah, i’m aware that SSL doesn’t really work at all on dev. Not sure if I’m going to fix it or not. I’m planning to launch in a week or two, which means dev is getting turned off then.

If you’re using SSL on dev, real-time doesn’t work, connecting to Twitter/Facebook doesn’t work, and you might be inadvertently sent over to www.newsblur.com from dev if you poke the wrong buttons. Needless to say, it’s a known issue that may just not get fixed. Although I think the Facebook/Twitter connection stuff might need to get fixed.