Site is very slow

Why is the site so slow? The refresh keeps timing out. I’ve tried on different devices and on different networks…same issue. This has been going on for 2 days now.

1 Like

Check your extensions. Which browser extensions do you have installed? Can you do me a favor and screenshot your entire list so that we can diagnose what’s going on? Nothing’s new with NewsBlur or the servers, so there must be something else going on.

No problems here.  Looks like she’s running on all cylinders.

I’ve tried Firefox, Safari, and Chrome on OSX (10.9), Chrome on Windows 7 sp1, and the iOS app on iPad on iOS 8.2 and 8.3. I use NoScript, Blur, https everywhere, and disconnect.me for plugin’s. I’ve tried without plugin’s too but have had the same issue. The last few weeks BoingBoing hasn’t been displaying properly in the web interface (using split view). Now it a few more sites, such as slashdot. It’s like the CSS is broken for those sites.

Zero problems on both Windows and OS X here. 

Maybe try disabling the secure connection in the Newsblur’s preferences (click on Gear button on the bottom to select Preferences > General > SSL ) and see if it works better. All the extensions you’ve used are known to break stuff like this.  

If the iOS app wasn’t the slowest and having the most issues I’d agree. Since it is…I stay logged into multiple systems during the day and have it running on all of them. Maybe something as simple as a full log out.

If the iOS app wasn’t the slowest and having the most issues I’d agree. Since it is…I stay logged into multiple systems during the day and have it running on all of them. Maybe something as simple as a full log out.

I checked the iOS app, no issues there either. 

Are you using a proxy or VPN or anything like that between both of your computers and iOS devices?

You said you used different networks in your original post, which ones?