Show only unread feeds

I think it would be lovely to be able to browse only unread feeds. I know it can be set to show only ‘sites with unread stories’ but what I mean is hiding read stories, AFAIK Google Reader has a feature like that.

37 Likes

What a fantastic idea. I’m not going to be able to get to this immediately, but I’m going to figure out how to integrate this into the UI and get it in along with the reverse ordering of stories feature that other folks have requested.

That would be nice indeed

This is slated for the customizations branch that is next on the list, along with pane moving, story reordering, and now unreads only. Within a few weeks after the iPhone app goes out, which should be within a week or two. Very soon now.

1 Like

To me it seems like clicking on “Everything” does this. Am I wrong? Thanks (;

Yes. And in fact, you can click on the River of News icon next to any folder and it effectively does this, just over all the sites in the folder.

I’d like to make this feed specific, and it’s not even too difficult. But using that River, even for a single feed, is an order of magnitude slower. And the way this would work would be as a user account setting, so every single request for a feed page you make would take 1.0 seconds as opposed to 0.10 seconds. It’s not good enough yet, and I haven’t figured out a way to make it faster, so I’m not launching it until I do.

I’m dying for this feature. Okay. I’m not dying (that I know of), but my soul is slowly being chipped away by seeing all the feeds instead of just the ones that have been updated. So, my soul, it begs you! :slight_smile: I’d love to be able to see only those feeds that have been updated.

If you’re using the web app: “Unread” at the bottom of the left-hand stories panel.

My soul! It rejoices. :slight_smile: Done and done and wow that is nice. Thanks for the tip!