Setting for a limit of displayed feed items

Hi Samuel,
NewsBlur’s intelligence works great for me but sometimes there are still a lot of items getting through. Maybe you could a a setting (preferably on a feed-by-feed basis) that’s allow us to control how many items will be show (ordered by intelligence rank).
Hopefully that’s not to big of a problem because it could allow for much better control over our self-created information overflow.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure what you’re proposing, but the situation is roughly this: I have to give every story, whether it’s red, yellow, or green, in a page load, since it’s way more work to compute all that stuff on the server and fetch more stories if necessary. Maybe in the future, but for now, it’s what I’ve got. Feel free to explain further if I didn’t catch your message.

I thought about it this way:
Say in a folder, I have a feed with a very high amount of green stories the other don’t. If I could set a limit of how many stories at most will be displayed in my feed view, I could achieve a more evenly distributed amount of feed items over my feeds.
The idea behind that is to get more control over the feed items list because I don’t want don’t want it to be “dominated” by one feed alone.

I thought that, because it would only manipulate the process of filling the feed list after everything has been loaded and computed (they are green stories after all), it could be implement relatively straightforward.

I hope that makes sense.

I think the best way to achieve this is to thumbs down the entire feed and thumbs up just the part of the feed that you like (by author, title, or tag). That way you have no yellows, just reds and greens. I do this for a number of feeds to pare down the really noisy ones.

That sounds like a good idea. I will try that.
Thank you