Select Folder + Mark Read Button = Not Working

If I have a folder selected, and I click the Mark as Read button (now at the bottom of the screen), the stories don’t get marked as read. I get “faked out” when it looks like the stories are marked, but in reality they’re not. I use this feature a LOT to mark a folder (and sometimes included sub-folders) as read.

I’m using Firefox 23.0.1 on Windows 7 x64. Not sure if this issue comes up in other browsers.

2 Likes

Just tried it and it works fine. Hmm.

Looks like it didn’t work in some cases. Fixed! Thanks for letting me know. Make sure to reload the website.

1 Like

I noticed a similar change this evening: Why did the Folder Name (ie, where a right click allows me to mark the entire folder as read) move to the bottom of the column. Did I make this change somehow or has NewsBlur changed where this is displayed for all users?

Thx

Put it back to where it was. It’s in a stupid place.

If you use the Stylish extension (Firefox/Chrome) the following is a little script I updated this morning to move the bar back to the top of the window:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml); 
 @-moz-document domain("newsblur.com") { 

div.NB-feedbar-mark-feed-read-container { float: left !important; } 

div.NB-story-titles-header { 
top: 0 !important; 
bottom: auto !important; 
 } 
 } 

It also moves the mark all read button to the left, which works better for me.

Excellent! And I see you moved the button to the top of the screen, which makes more sense.