See the news on your Android dashboard with the new home screen widget

Hot on the heels of the iOS widget release a few months ago, the Android widget is now ready to go!

Check it out:

![](upload://zD1Q68jexZmpgp0BA6ZCkdMmPRe.png)

Ideally both iOS and Android widgets would have been released at the same time. But now that we have a new Android developer, Andrei Dan, we’ve built the widget and are planning many more new features for Android.

Everything I wrote for the iOS release holds for today’s Android widget:

> Most of the time when we release a new feature, it finds immediate use. But every so often a new feature comes along that changes how NewsBlur gets used. I consider offline stories part of this exclusive club. Same with the Text view, which shows you the full text of a story. And push notifications are right up there.

If you’re like me and you rely on your phone for your news consumption, having stories handy every time you look at your phone changes your relationship to NewsBlur.

![](upload://xNGAi0L4eG3I4dTnIl0QG9VpGnI.png)

It’s so incredibly useful to have NewsBlur come to me. I hope you feel the same about this Android widget.

If you have any feedback, ideas, or would like changes, please post them on the NewsBlur support forum.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.newsblur.com/2020/06/18/see-the-news-on-your-android-dashboard-with-the/