Saved stories disappearing

My saved stories keep disappearing without any help from me – yesterday I dropped suddenly from 35 to 28, and today I dropped from 18 to 16. The two I lost today were items I’d saved within an hour of them disappearing.

Is it just me? Did that recipe for guacamole make me look fat?

4 Likes

Err, is this still happening? Did this reverse? What’s going on? What’s your username, I’d love to get this looked at.

It seems to have stopped, but I mostly use the save feature during the week (so I can save items at work to look at at home later) so I didn’t monkey with it much over the weekend. My username is asdonkar if you want to check it out, and I can update you tomorrow if it’s still happening.

By stopped do you mean that the original count has come back?

No, the saved items that disappeared/got un-saved never came back, but I haven’t had any new saved items disappear since Saturday.

Hey, Samuel, I wanted to let you know that this seems to be happening again – this morning I started with 3 saved items, added 3, and when I came back half an hour later, the three I’d added had disappeared. I thought it had stopped, but it seems like not. :frowning:

What’s your browser/OS?

Today it’s IE8 and Windows 7. I’ve also had it happen with the most recent non-beta version of Firefox on OS X Lion, and Safari and Firefox 7 both on OS X.5, whatever the version before Lion was called.

It happens MOST with IE8, both in Windows 7 and Vista machines. (I know, I know, I’d use something else, but security clearance at work, etc, doesn’t allow it.)

Unfortunately, that’s definitely the problem. IE8 is just not supported, since IE in total is only 2% of NewsBlur traffic, and IE9 is supported. Chrome Frame is a possibility for locked down workstations.

As for this happening on Safari/FF, it’s possible it’s not hitting the server. I’ll see about getting some error messaging in for failed stars.

Ah, well, crap, I should have guessed. I will just deal with it best I can! Thank you for helping me figure it out. Stupid IE8.

I’m having the same trouble:
I have 1003 saved items (almost all imported from Google Reader), and have extreme difficulty getting newly-saved items to stay on the list.

I’m using both the iPhone/iPad clients as well as Chrome in OS X 10.8

I don’t have any imported saved items from GReader, and only newly Saved items from w/in NB, but I’ve noticed and am *nearly* 100% sure that Saved items are getting lost even intra-day.

In fact, just now when subscribing to the feed for this Topic, the new NB tab that opened only has 7 saved stories, vs. 9 for the NB tab that I had open previously. When I got to expand the 9 to visually compare it to the 7 in the other tab; it only shows 7 items. :frowning:

This reminds me that last night after processing and un-Saving) all Saved items, the badge still listed [4] Saved Items, eventually resetting at some point.

I’ll add: I’ve tried syncing after saving an article in the mobile clients in case it needs to sync immediately, but that doesn’t help, either.

I notice that my Activity Stream does record the fact that I saved items that no longer exist in the Saved Stores folder, which is a/ useful to me, and b/ might be useful for debugging purposes.

See also: https://getsatisfaction.com/newsblur/…