Register Newsblur as RSS reader FF 82

Now using Firefox, v82 x64. Firefox has re-added the RSS feed option at some point (switching over from Chrome) and Newsblur is not an option. So, I went to the Newsblur site and saw the item “Firefox: Register Newsblur as an RSS Reader” in the Goodlies & Extras". But nothing happens.

The URL showing for the link is “https://newsblur.com/#” which goes nowhere.

Good question! I’d love to support FF but I can’t find any information about their support for RSS readers. I upgraded to v82 but don’t see RSS anywhere in Settings. Can you post a screenshot or link to a page that explains these changes?

Oops, it’s an add-on. It came bundled with my install, so I thought it was included. “Awesome RSS”.

I personally no longer care about this, but others still might.
Firefox just committed the unforgivable fatal flaw of deleting about 90% of my bookmarks for no apparent reason. So I’m reverting myself back to Google.

Just getting into Newsblur and love it (thanks so much for developing it!) :slight_smile: Was trying to add the RSS reader feature for Firefox but also having this problem. Wondering if you were able to find out anything else about this topic?

I use Firefox 85 with this extension:

I think it now supports Newsblur out of the box; otherwise you can add it in the add-on settings:

2 Likes

I found this thread after trying to click on that “Firefox: Register NewsBlur as an RSS reader” button and finding it didn’t work. Maybe the button should link to this thread instead?

The Want My RSS extension works great, although it took me a while to figure out how to select Newsblur. There’s a “hidden” menu you have to activate.