Read articles (longer than 14 days)

This is also my suggestion to be added in newsblur.

articles older than 14 days are marked as read and then they just dissaper.

Isn’t even possible to open the read articles section and find them in the top (first recently read articles). So it’s almost impossible to find them.

I think that articles older than 14 days should at least appear in the top of the recently read articles section. This would help a lot of lives.

You can certainly see stories from more than 14 days ago. For one, if you upgrade, unread go to 30 days. And second, change your view from Unread Only to All Stories.

The problem that I’m talking about isn’t that I can’t see stories from more than 14 days ago. The problem is that if they are all unread, they automatically change to read, and then I need to open the read articles section and try to find they, it’s really hard to find them.

I meaning that, if unread articles for more than 14 days will be marked automatically read, that’s fine but they should be the latest articles in the read articles section. When I read an article, this article will always be on the top of the read articles section, so it’s really easy to find the articles that I’ve just read, but this is no true with articles that are automatically marked as read if they were unread for more than 14 days, it’s pretty hard to find them in the read articles section.

I would recommend using the “save” button for any article you want to come back to later. Many feeds are marked read way sooner than 14 days, and often the marked-read article will be deleted from newsblur’s server entirely if you don’t save it.

The save button works too. I didn’t know that “often the marked-read article will be deleted from newsblur’s server entirely if you don’t save it.” Even though the save button works I would like my idea to be implemented.