Problems with free account using both IE and Chrome

On Google Chrome (28.0), I was encouraged by the message that allows me to follow up to 64 sites . When I press the ‘first, add sites’ button, I get a blank page. When I reload this page, I get the message: “The layout container…has no height…therefor the layout is invisible”.

On Internet Explorer (10), I get to the standard welcome page with ‘AZ Home Inspectors’ showing in the upper right corner. The buttons on the page including ‘find friends’ and ‘launch intel’ are not working.

I don’t understand what is going on. Your service has a great reputation. I even enabled popups, hoping that this would be the answer. It wasn’t. Please help.

1 Like

You might have some browser extensions going on. Know if you’re running ad blockers or anything that might alter NewsBlur?

Thanks for your response Samuel. I am very impressed that “the Big Cheese” from a major player in this industry answers user concerns himself. Moreover, you did this in a timely manner and on the weekend too. Amazing!

Unfortunately, your earlier response was not the solution. Since then:

In Internet Explorer:
(1) I made sure that the pop-up blocker was off
(2) I made sure that all of the “manage addons” were disabled

I got the same results as I did earlier. Here is the source code pertaining to the two buttons that I mentioned before:

Share with friends.

Find friends

Complete!

Train stories.

Launch Intel

Complete!

Notice that there are no links in the code that would take me to the appropriate pages.

In Google Chrome:
(1) I made sure that the pop-up blocker was off
(2) I made sure that all of the “extensions” were disabled
(3) I went to www.newsblur.com. though it remembered my company name, I had to re-answer the questions about importing feeds from Google or uploading a feed file, which I don’t have, then it asked whether or not I wanted to add blogs.

When I got to the main page, I found that the Aon Magazine link DID work, however I could no longer find the button that says “first, ad sites”, so I still have the same problem.

Please help, Samuel.

Thanks,

Bill Nold
AZ Home Inspectors

I’m sorry, the source code got transcribed into in my last email. Here is the code:

I hope that this works since your system did not like my source code the last time

You’re running a future version of Chrome. Chrome 27 is latest, I think. Can you try with Chrome 27, or do you only have Chrome Canary? IE10 works fine, as well, but I don’t have IE handy as i’m on my laptop right now.