No new items for liked channels/authors after opml reimport

I have very pity problem. I imported OPML channel list exported from Google Reader. Than I marked one channel as liked in intelligence trainer and one author from one channel as liked. Some time later, I did another OPML import that erased all the channels and most of them reimported (as the new OPML list was just slightly different). The think is I do not see any new item for the channel a the author I marked as liked before. I tried to delete the channel manually and add it again but there was no change. It is really pity as I am not able to read my most important channels under my NewsBlur account. :-C

1 Like

As I understand Newsblur, when you import an OPML file you lose your previous feed settings.

Have you tried re-training Newsblur with your preferred feeds and authors, as you had set before the second OPML import?

> As I understand Newsblur, when you import an OPML file you lose your
> previous feed settings.

That was my expectation but I am not sure about this. I am afraid this can be a bit buggy. I tried several times to reimport the channel and I think the channel was marked as linked after one of the trials. This would be impossible if some information did not persist from the past.

> Have you tried re-training Newsblur with your preferred feeds and authors,
> as you had set before the second OPML import?

I completely deleted all my feeds yesterday, logged out and left the account some time untouched. Today, I logged in again and added the problematic channel. The problematic items from the few past days are not shown (the older items are present) but todays articles are shown. Then I imported my current OPML file and all the channels seems to have the today items. I am not able to check items from the liked author of one of the channels as there are no new articles from him so far. But I hope this will work too.

All in all, it seems give some time to clean up helped. But there is definitely some bug about it.