NewsBlur RSS Feed with links to articles and just my comments?

Hey there. Did some looking around and didn’t see this and it could be that I didn’t use the right search terms but using “RSS” and “Feed” in a search gets a lot of entries. :slight_smile:

I want to share out my NewsBlur feed with my comments on my site to show off articles I have found with my commentary and then provide a link to the original article. Is there a specific URL that can do this? If not, what would I have to filter out to do so? Is there a specific codeblock I can hide via CSS?

As an example, I commented on an article as follows:
jshoq shared this story from Microsoft Azure Blog: Azure Site Recovery is a great way to move on-prem servers to Azure. I was lucky enough to be part of the group testing this with MSIT and found it very easy to move the servers thanks to ASR. If you are planning a lift and shift of on-prem servers, put Azure Site Recovery on your list of tools to help you get the project complete.

And the start of the article is:
For close to 10 years now, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 has been a trusted and preferred server platform for our customers. With millions of instances deployed worldwide, our customers run…

But in my BlurBlog feed, it is shown as this:
Migrate Windows Server 2008 to Azure with Azure Site…
jshoq shared this story from Microsoft Azure Blog: Azure Site Recovery is a great way to move on-prem servers to Azure. I was lucky enough to be part of the group testing this with MSIT and found it very easy to move the servers thanks to ASR. If you are planning a lift and shift of on-prem servers, put Azure Site Recovery on your list of tools to help you get the project complete. For close to 10 years now, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 has been a trusted and preferred server platform for our customers. With millions of instances deployed worldwide, our customers run…

I’m not 100% sure tis is what you’re looking for, but if you right-click your blurblog and go to Site Settings you can get an RSS feed for your shared stories. Here’s mine: http://www.newsblur.com/social/rss/13/samuel

What would you like to see differently in this feed?

Hey @samuelclay … (BTW, Love the product and have paid for Premium since you created it! Even telling all my friends about it cause of the absolute quality you have made!!)

Now, I am hoping to have a feed from my NewsBlur that has the original article title, date, hero image, but the summary only has the comments I have entered into NewsBlur. That way I can show it as a “blog” on my website with my commentary as the blog content but have the “detail link” go to the original post on their site. Does that make sense?

Sounds pretty custom. If enough other folks want this I’d be happy to build it, but for now your best bet would be to write a script that takes the API data and reconstructs another feed with it. I hesitate to build this in because it’s going to have slight differences from what other folks want, and I wonder how to even show the differences between multiple feeds.

Totally understand. I will work on something with either your API or the RSS feed itself.