iPad/iPhone apps crash when changing the filtering

iPhone and iPad app crashes upon switching “color”/filtering when all the articles are read for the current color.

To reproduce: set filtering to “green”, read all the articles (or mark read) and then switch to “yellow”.

This happens on the iPhone and iPad app.

Thanks Samuel for those apps: I use them every day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This has been a bug since day 1 and it’s really friggin hard to reproduce successfully. I thought maybe it happens when all feeds in a folder are read, but that’s not necessarily the case. Perhaps when the last feed in a folder is read, but that’s still not it.

Anyway, it’s not the worst crash and I’m just going to have to keep trying to figure it out. I have an update coming out soon for iOS. I’m trying to get folder collapsing and feed order/filtering in before tomorrow night, when I’m releasing the Android app.

Also, as an incredible coincidence, I just added exception handling for this particular case. The problem is in animating the changes. But in order to animate the collapsing/expansion of the right feeds, I have to keep state of whats open, whats gone, and what should be gone but is still there. If an exception now occurs, it will just skip the animation. Less than ideal, but pretty damn close. :slight_smile:

Well it seems that I can reproduce it each time… try to connect a device to my account (can you do that?) and I guess that you’ll have a reproducer :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to help you any way I can to fix this.