iPad app not accepting pocket user Id and password

Was about to subscribe but hit this issue which is a significant one for me.

Using iPad app, both pocket and newsblur, try to add to pocket from the newsblur menu for a story. Type in my use rid and password - invalid user I’d/ password, try all caps etc combinations same wrong response.

Change password in pocket, double check by loggin in on the web from a separate machine, reboot the iPad, refresh pocket app, try new password - same issue.

Newsblur iPad app will not allow accept my pocket user Id and password, no issue on android different mechanism used.

Could this be fixed pls.

3 Likes

NewsBlur apps on both of my iOS devices, an iPad Mini and iPhone 5, are not accepting login information for Pocket when attempting to save a news article.

Saving to Instapaper works fine.

Although saving to Pocket may have worked with previous versions, it’s certainly not working properly now.

Lew

Success! I found the answer to the password issue…

Although Pocket allows symbols in passwords, NewsBlur for iOS does not. I opened Pocket, changed the password to one that does not include symbols, saved everything. I then attempted to save a news article to Pocket in the iOS app using the new password and it worked!

Life is good…

Lew