How do you reach Newsblur's NEWS screen after logging in?

How do you access Newsblur?
I used to get the full Newsblur screen when I logged in. Now, I am greeted by “Welcome.” but that’s where the trouble begins. I think I’ve tried everything, but here are the possibilities/choices that I see after the Welcome screen appears. I’ve clicked on all of them, but Newsblur never appears. (1) Upper right corner: Newsblur (2) Under “Welcome” (A) Picture, (B) Add Sites (3) Lower Left Corner: First Things First
I’ve tried all of them but seem to get no closer to the Newsblur screen I am looking for. I would appreciate step-by-step instructions for accessing the Newsblur screen that contains NEWS.

1 Like

Do you have any sites that you are subscribed to? They should show up on the left, where you can click on them to read them.

I have this icon on my Google page. When I click on it, I get the page I just sent you.

Well, I wasn’t able to copy and paste it here, but it’s a NewsBlur icon, which I’ve always used to open NewsBlur.

nikurashi less than a minute ago

I have this icon on my Google page. When I click on it, I get the page I just sent you.

Well, I wasn’t able to copy and paste it here, but it’s a NewsBlur icon, which I’ve always used to open NewsBlur.

nikurashi less than a minute ago

I’ll try one more time to send you the NewsBlur page I have to work with. My question is, what do I do with this page to get NewsBlur? Here we go.

@SAMUELCLAY
@NEWSBLUR
THE BLOG

FAQ
ABOUT
GITHUB
API
PRESS
FEEDBACK
WELCOME, NIKU LOGOUT

0 OF 64 SITES STANDARD ACCOUNT
GO PREMIUM!ADD SITES
MOBILE APPS HIDE

OFFICIAL CLIENT NEWSBLURIPHONE
» See the free NewsBlur iPhone App

USER-BUILT CLIENT BLARANDROID
» Download Blar on the Android Market

USER-BUILT CLIENT WEB FEEDSNOKIA MEEGO
» Download Web Feeds on the Nokia Store
STATUS AND STATISTICS
PAST DAY
PREMIUM USERS
STANDARD USERS
FEEDS FETCHED
PAST DAY BY HOUR
SITES LOADED
0.16 SEC
AVG. LOAD TIME
BACKLOG
0 0 0
EVERYTHING
First things first…

Hmm. It didn’t work. I was unable to send you the page as I see it.

It looks like you have no sites! OK, do you currently use Google Reader? You can import from there by clicking on the green + at the bottom left of the screen (where it says First things first…).

I have built a much nicer first-time user experience, but it’s in private beta. You can request an invite here and I’ll get you on it. That will assist you in setting up your sites.

Go here to get the beta: http;//dev.newsblur.com

There comes a point when you have to decide whether it’s reasonable to spend any more time on a project that seems to be going nowhere. For me, that time arrived the last time I tried to bring back NewsBlur. Anyway, I’m not going to continue. NewsBlur used to work for me, but now it doesn’t. What caused the change, I don’t know and probably will never know. Goodbye.

I my heart of hearts I hope that this guy is a Turing Test that we accidentally failed.

Trippy.

In case you’re still reading, the frontend rewrite is now merged in and is deployed live on http://dev.newsblur.com. I encourage you to try it out again.

That didn’t help. I still can’t get NewsBlur, unless NewBlur is no longer the NewsBlur I knew. The best way I can describe the NewsBlur I knew is to say that it was something like NewsMap, although I liked NewsMap more, and I still have and use it (fortunately, no one has yet thought of “improving” NewsMap). Anyway, I think I got NewsBlur through Google, but maybe it was a Chrome widget. Also important is that I didn’t have to run a gauntlet to access it. All I had to do was click on its icon and there it was. It filled my screen with news. It was not a chit-chat site.

If you give your email to dev.newsblur.com, you will be invited to the latest version of NewsBlur. Otherwise, 90% of users are still on www.newsblur.com.

Thanks for trying to help, but neither site seems to be any closer to the page I want: the full-screen spread of news. Fortunately, I still have NewsMap, because it seems to me that NewsBlur is a hopeless cause, for me, anyway.