Highlight text error

Hey,

when selecting a paragraph and clicking highlight, the api returns a 500 error

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) (mark_story_hash_as_starred, line 0)

network inspector as below:

URL: https://newsblur.com/reader/mark_story_hash_as_starred
Source: Network
Address: 198.18.1.254:443
Initiator: 
common.5e0a5840679f.js:549:432

Request
POST /reader/mark_story_hash_as_starred HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-GB,en;q=0.9
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Host: newsblur.com
Origin: https://newsblur.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.5 Safari/605.1.15
Connection: keep-alive
Referer: https://newsblur.com/site/7772471/singsaver-blog-we-compare-you-save
Content-Length: 1527
Cookie: newsblur_sessionid=qsxf06c4nqfq0ehlohdste726oengffw
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest

Response
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true
Vary: Authorization, Cookie, Accept-Encoding
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 11:13:15 GMT
Content-Encoding: gzip
Content-Length: 874
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://newsblur.com
Server: gunicorn
x-sideshow-bob: I'll be back. You can't keep the Democrats out of the White House forever, and when they get in, I'm back on the streets, with all my criminal buddies.
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=0; includeSubDomains
x-gunicorn-server: app-django9

Request Data
MIME Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
story_hash: 7772471:dca4f5
highlights: When it comes to calculating your personal loan EMIs, there are two separate approaches that you can pursue:  Flat-rate  Reducing-balance Flat-rate method The formula of calculating your EMI using the flat-rate method is simply: (P + (P x T x I)) / (T X 12)  ‘P’ represents the principal amount of the loan, while ‘T’ is the loan tenure, and ‘I’ is the flat interest rate.  Now, don’t get overwhelmed with these figures! We’ll explain this in the form of an example.  For instance, you take a loan worth S$10,000 at 7.5% (or 0.075) over a term of five years (or 60 months) repayable over monthly instalments. Here’s what your calculations will look like: EMI = (10000 + (10000 x 5  x 0.075) / (5 x12)  Using the example and formula above, your EMI should be S$299.17.  Reducing-balance Meanwhile, the formula used for reduce-balancing is as follows:  (P x I) x ((1 + r)n)/ (t x ((1 + r)n)- 1) Where:  P = principal amount borrowed I = annual interest rate r = the periodic monthly interest rate t = the number of months in a year The number crunching seems quite intimidating. But fret not, for there are countless reliable EMI calculators available online that you can use to stay on top of your monthly repayments.

Looks like the string was too long. How long of a paragraph were you highlighting?

Looks like the max length of a highlight was set to 1024 characters. I bumped it up to 16,384 characters (2^4 times the amount) so you should now be able to highlight that. Thanks for letting me know!

yes the quoted text is beyond 1024 chars:

When it comes to calculating your personal loan EMIs, there are two separate approaches that you can pursue: 

Flat-rate 
Reducing-balance
Flat-rate method

The formula of calculating your EMI using the flat-rate method is simply:

(P + (P x T x I)) / (T X 12) 

‘P’ represents the principal amount of the loan, while ‘T’ is the loan tenure, and ‘I’ is the flat interest rate. 

Now, don’t get overwhelmed with these figures! We’ll explain this in the form of an example. 

For instance, you take a loan worth S$10,000 at 7.5% (or 0.075) over a term of five years (or 60 months) repayable over monthly instalments. Here’s what your calculations will look like:

EMI = (10000 + (10000 x 5  x 0.075) / (5 x12) 

Using the example and formula above, your EMI should be S$299.17. 

Reducing-balance

Meanwhile, the formula used for reduce-balancing is as follows: 

(P x I) x ((1 + r)n)/ (t x ((1 + r)n)- 1)

Where: 

P = principal amount borrowed

I = annual interest rate

r = the periodic monthly interest rate

t = the number of months in a year

The number crunching seems quite intimidating. But fret not, for there are countless reliable 

I didn’t know that highlight function had such a strict limit, thanks again.