Group entries by source/feed

Hi.

When viewing all entries in a folder, I’d love to be able to group/sort those entries by source instead of date.

Thanks.

3 Likes

So you want to be able to scroll through stories from multiple feeds as if you were reading them individually, but all at once. Nice idea, and something I’m not averse to. But it’s a big enough interface change that there’s no way I can make that happen immediately.

Sure I understand. If it’s on the list somewhere in the future that’s great :slight_smile:

Yes, it would be a “group-by Source than by Date”. Instead of having :
source A, day d-1
source B, day d-1
source A, day d-2
source B, day d-2
source C, day d-2
source A, day d-3
source B, day d-3

You’d have :
source A, day d-1
source A, day d-2
source A, day d-3
source B, day d-1
source B, day d-2
source B, day d-3
source C, day d-2

So when I’m scrolling down my stories, the context in my mind remains the same for 3 stories long, intead of switching back and forth from A mindset to B (I find it really annoying because I group my feed mainly by importance not by subject).

There’s a far larger change present there that may make it easier to do some of the other big changes like reading old to new, reading only unread stories, and making the river of news much faster. It’s to pull story ids and dates into my redis database and make the calculations far faster, so I know exactly which stories to pull out of the humongous mongodb.

This will have he effect of making most requests for river of news take less than 100 ms (0.1 sec), as opposed to the .1s - 20s today, depending on how many stories there are.

It’s a big change, but it will allow me to present your configuration quite easily. I think it’ll be the next big feature I attack after I finally ship social.

Oh, and more importantly, this gives me an order of magnitude more ability to scale.

Any update to this? This is a feature I need for my Google Reader replacement.

I miss this too :wink:

That would still be a great feature. Pleeeaaase :wink: