Dark theme: Newsletters with dark text styles aren't visible

Hi,

I really like the introduction of the dark theme - however there’s one particular case where it causes problems for me. I realise I can change back, though I’d prefer to stay dark. :sunglasses:

Some email newsletters I receive in Newsblur use HTML styling and explicitly set their text colour… to black, but don’t set an explicit background colour: so they’re shown as black text on a dark-grey background.

As you’d imagine, these are unreadable in the dark theme without opening the story outside of the dark theme.

I’m not sure what a good solution to this would be. Hopefully someone has some ideas. I’m happy to provide specific examples privately.

Thanks for writing this up. I went through and cleaned up 80-90% of my newsletters (checking around 50 different newsletters) with some CSS and I think that will take care of most other newsletters. I styled them to override the background colors, font colors, and heading colors. It’s not perfect, but at least they are all mostly readable if not drastically improved.

Thanks for doing some work on the issue. I wanted to say that a few of the newsletters i subscribe to are still showing the issue. At least they are in the browser (firefox), but in the android app most (but not all) of the text is updated to be white