Dark Theme for Browser ?

I’m glad you got the scrollbars sorted. You just have to delete those lines every time you update the style. Alternatively, your extension might have an option to blacklist sites, so it doesn’t apply the custom scrollbar to them. If that is the case, just add newsblur.com to that list.

Stick around for the style to be updated to support grid view. I’m quite busy with school at the moment, but I use Newsblur almost every day, so I will get around to doing it, when I have a couple of spare hours of free time.

If I remember, I’ll write a reply in this thread, so you will know when i’ve published the update.

Very kind words, thank you very much (also for your effort!). However, I still think this should be Samuel’s task. Otherwise - obviously a dark theme is something he tolerates, not strives for (-;

That’s up to him if he decides to make an official dark theme or not.

Meanwhile, I have updated it to support Grid-view.
Enjoy!

As I said, too: It’s his decision, which with I am not happy, but which I can appreciate.
Thanks again for your efforts!

My hope is that is is something Samuel is working on.

I’ve looked at the CSS, considering trying to port the dark colour palette from mobile to web but even after filtering out anything not related to colours there are over 2700 lines of CSS with over 400 unique colours (well, probably a bit less, there are mixed rgba and hex colours).

Judging by Splike’s userstyle you don’t have to touch a lot of that but for an official solution you’d probably want to…

You can see why I haven’t made a dark theme for web. It’s a ton of work! I tried to make this as official as it gets by linking to it in Goodies.

After Splike’s integration of the grid view I am more than satisfied. The little CSS cleanup I will happily perform every style’s update.

1 Like