Custom domain - pre sale question

Hi,
I am planning to sign up for the premium. I have a question and wanted to check if this provides the solution am looking for.

Will I be able to use newsblur - as public view site, i.e when user clicks on a particular url for eg. mydomain.com, will I be able to point to my newsblur account, so user is able to see everything except the sign in/account etc details (as a visitor they will only interact with the links for reading purpose and no admin or sign up functionalites)

If not, is there a white label solution? I am looking to create a site that will load rss stories - but it will be a read only site for visitors.

Thanks,
Kris

Hi Kris, to do that you’ll need to run your own domain and hosted version of NewsBlur. It’s not for the faint of heart but you can do it as many others have already. I’m planning to one day make a one-click installer that uses Docker but for now you’re pretty much on your own in terms of getting the dependencies met. If you’ve programmed in Python before it should be a cinch, but otherwise it’ll take a bit of elbow grease.

1 Like

Hi Samuel,
Thanks for the reply and guidance. I could hire a developer who can help me wit the installation and support. How to get the self hosted version? Do you have any showcase links to take a look?