Clicking SHARE does not work, have to use CMD-ENTER

Broken Browser: Firefox 26.0 (and prior versions)
Working Browsers: Chrome 33.0.1750.29 beta and Safari Version 7.0.1 (9537.73.11)
Machines: two different machines, Late 2013 Mac Book Air 11" maxed out, and Late 2013 Mac Book Pro 13" maxed out.

When I see an article I’d like to share, I press SHIFT-S, now that the Share Comment Box Automatic Focus Problem has been fixed, I just type my comment. The SHARE button in the green box does not work though. It also doesn’t change to SHARE WITH COMMENT like it does on the working browsers. After I type my comment if I click it nothing happens except the Share Comment Box loses focus. I can click a second time and still nothing happens. I have to actually click back in the Share Comment Box and do a CMD-ENTER (on MacOSX, assume ALT-ENTER on Windows).

I usually don’t use my mouse, and this is not really a problem for me. Sometimes though I do try and click it and it doesn’t work. I’m sure for other folks, they can’t figure out how to make it work at all in Firefox.

2 Likes

Same problem, Firefox 26 on Windows.

Hmmmm. Looks like it is fixed today! Whether on purpose or not, that is a good thing. :slight_smile:

Hmmmm. Didn’t “fix” itself “automatically” on the MacBook Pro like it did on the MacBook Air. I had to clear the cache (and I cleared the cookies at the same, though I’d guess it was the cache that made it start working there).

Welp… stopped working again on the MBA too again. I just cleared the disk cache and restarted Firefox and it is working again now. Something strange going on.

Hrmph. Okay… playing around a LOT more… it is just random. I give up. No idea why sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t.

This might be related. Certainly sharing is working great for me now after following this.

https://getsatisfaction.com/newsblur/…