Change Fonts

I use two different rss readers newsblur.com and feedbin.com. Feedbin has a great font whithney wich is a pleasure to read. However, newsblur also has a whitney font, but its look is not so good for me. So where’s the difference?

I started to search and I found that newsblur uses whitney font but feedbin uses whitney smartscreen font. Here’s the difference between the two fonts http://www.typography.com/fonts/whitney/overview/

Whitney smartscreen font is better for eyes when reading online.

Would it be possible that newsblur change the whitney font to whitney smartscreen font? I think that users would like that change.

1 Like

I thought about this one and so I tried it. Take a look at these two. I made this test back when I was choosing fonts and this is exactly why I chose the Whitney I did. I find the SSm (ScreenSmart) to be too spacey and not in keeping with the overall NewsBlur aesthetic.

Whitney:

Whitney ScreenSmart:

If you feel strongly one way or another, please chime in. I’d love to hear opinions on this.

Hi, Whitney SSm doesn’t seem to support TrueType (subpixel anti-aliasing) and looks awful on Windows. Please don’t make this the default, or at least allow the user to select a different one.

2 Likes