Catch the news in a glimpse with the new NewsBlur Today View widget on iOS

Most of the time when we release a new feature, it finds immediate use. But every so often a new feature comes along that changes how NewsBlur gets used. I consider offline stories part of this exclusive club. Same with the Text view, which shows you the full text of a story. And push notifications are right up there.

Today, I’m pleased to announce the launch of our new Today View widget on iOS.

![](upload://zaKj3YBMimq5OOrkTrvuUTWxBw0.png)

Instead of having to open up the app to see what’s new, the stories come to you in the Today View, adjacent to the notification center. Personally I find myself checking this Today View widget a dozen times more than I open the NewsBlur app. It’s so incredibly useful to have NewsBlur come to me.

Additionally, in version 10.0 of the iOS app, we have a bunch of new features:

• A new iOS widget shows the latest stories in your Notification Center and on your iPad dashboard
  • Statistics visualization for every site
  • Automatic downloading of the original story full text for offline reading
  • Unsubscribe from a feed directly from a story
  • Preferences import & export

And tons of bugs were fixed along with other small improvements:

• Fixed crash on start for a few users
  • Fixed highlighting issue
  • Fixed settings with stories on bottom
  • Tweaked dark theme colors to be darker
  • Fixed wonky behavior on iPad
  • Clearing offline now clears the cached stories, text, and images from the database
  • Manually changing the theme now turns off the preference to follow the system appearance
  • Turning on following the system appearance immediately updates the theme appropriately
  • Fixed crash on feed load list
  • Fixed crash on start

And if you’re an Android user, I just want you to know that we intended to ship this feature first on Android (and in fact, it is 90% built) but then our Android developer bailed. I’ll be hiring for another Android devleoper soon, but if that interests you, please reach out!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.newsblur.com/2020/02/26/catch-the-news-in-a-glimpse-with-the-new-newsblur/