Browse sites while playing audio from a podcasts

Maybe I’m asking too much of newsblur here, but I recently started using this app over others to handle my podcasts. Anything for one less app on my phone. It would be awesome if we were able to play audio from a story and still browse other stories with some way to control it. I listen to the NPR hourly podcast feeds pretty regularly, it would be nice to do this and browse their news without the audio cutting. It would Newsblur even more utility on my phone.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to get something like this going on Android for a while.  I’m not sure about other platforms, but there, at least, there is little benefit to doing it in-app.  Playing audio in the background is the equivalent of spinning up another app anyhow, from a system standpoint.  The one thing I’ve not yet found is a good handler to take audio links and just reliably play them with clean controls and low overhead.  If there is some demand for it, I may try making a micro-app for the sole purpose of handling and playing podcast-style links as a side project . . .

1 Like