Android:

Loading new stories is broken

It reloads stories

Then reloads again and says no new stories

Happens at folder level and feed level

Workaround is kill app from memory

Also saved story count goes nuts up to like 1000 ( I have 12 )

app version: 4.6.1
android version: 5.1.1 (LMY48I)
device: asus Nexus 7 (flo)
sqlite version: 3.8.6
username: kthejoker
memory: normal
speed: 38 feeds in conn:616 read:5 parse:160 store:288
premium: no
prefetch: no
keepread: no

1 Like

The issue with saved counts flipping out is fixed, look out for a new version soon.  As for the other problems:

When you first load the app after killing it and doing a pull to refresh, do your total unread counts (in the upper left corner of the app) match what you see on fresh load of newsblur.com at that very moment?

In what modes (unread only / story order / focus) are you reading, and which particular feed or folder exhibits the issue?

So all the counts are always correct (Except saved counts) at all points.

I’m going to All Stories, Unread Only as the default filter for all feeds. Here’s what I see:

First, whatever’s cached.
Then it shows “Fetching stories” and generates a list of new stuff (maybe all of it?)
Then before I can interact in any way, it “fetches” again and then displays “No new stories”

It does this on all feeds that I tried (maybe half a dozen, The AV Club, Boing Boing, Slashdot for sure.)

If I switch the filter to “all stories” it shows all the new stories marked as read.

Right after this happens, if you go to newsblur.com and in the Settings / Manage menu select “Choose Your 64 Sites”, are all of your sites set to “on”?

When you first launch the app, do you ever get any pop-up error messages? If so, what do they say?

If you log out of the app, kill it, and then log back in, does the problem still happen?

Actually, I have a strong hunch I know what is doing this in regards to non-premium accounts.  A fix is now in place for the next update of the Android app.  Keep an eye out for a new Beta before long.