Android: Restore mark older/newer read options for long press

Previous to the latest update you could mark older or newer stories for a feed as read by long pressing. Could this be restored as an option for long press?

Perhaps it would need to be based on oldest/newest sorting. e.g. with oldest first it marks older stories read, with newest first it marks newer stories read.

I still have those options on Android. Do you not get the long-press menu at all, or do you get the menu without those options?

I’ve got v15 and the default behaviour has changed. See item 1 Android: v15 regressions for a description

Yep, v15.0.0 changed the default long press action to Share. I’ve restored the action menu as the default in 15.0.2, with both “Mark older as read” and “Mark newer as read” available regardless of sort order.

If you’re still on 15.0.0, you can restore it now under Preferences > Gestures > Story titles > Long press > Show actions. Here’s the updated menu:

1 Like

v15.0.4 just dropped, try it out and lmk!

Thanks for the app update! Could the mark as read option go back to be anchored to the story you’ve selected? It’s jumping around the screen now, making it hard to reach one handed.

Also, the swipe left gesture to mark as read is flaky compared to before - I have to exaggerate my swipe length and try more than once.