Android: Global Shared Stories jumps back to the top as new stories are added

I open the app, which is set to NOT download stories in the background.

Occasionally I open global shared stories. As I scroll down, reading the odd story, the list flashes and I find it has jumped back up the list. Sometimes even back to the first story.

I think there are additional stories interleaved. It is frustrating because there is no way to show I’ve read a story, so I can never be sure that I have seen particular stories before.

I thought after the recent app update that it might have been a fixed bug, but it is still doing it.

app version: 5.0.0b3android version: 4.4.2 (KOT49H.T700XXU1ANF9)device: samsung SM-T700 (universal5420)sqlite version: 3.7.11username: JimBserver: defaultmemory: normalspeed: 42 feeds in conn:1842 read:9 parse:70 store:79pending actions: pre:0 post:0premium: yesprefetch: nokeepread: nothumbs: no

1 Like

I cannot believe that this is meant to happen, and am surprised that no one has commented. 
This has happened ever since I first looked at this section in NewsBlur. 

My settings are to NOT periodically collect stories in the background. 

Whenever I go into the list of GLOBAL SHARED STORIES it does the same:
*  stories I read are not greyed out
* if I scroll down to see earlier stories, the screen will suddenly jump as additional stories are added. The story I last read often goes off the bottom of the page. By the time I’ve scrolled down to it, the feed has refreshed and added yet more stories. It is disconcerting and frustrating. 

app version: 5.2.0b4android version: 4.4.2 (KOT49H.T700XXU1ANF9)device: samsung SM-T700 (universal5420)sqlite version: 3.7.11username: JimBserver: defaultmemory: normalspeed: 49 feeds in conn:2386 read:3 parse:146 store:140pending actions: pre:0 post:0premium: yesprefetch: nonotifications: nokeepread: nothumbs: no

This seems to only happen on Android. It has to do with Oldest First / Newest First. Due to how its built, Global Shared Stories only handles Newest First, so we’re going to fix that on the app side but you can change the ordering to make it work.

See the Github ticket: https://github.com/samuelclay/NewsBlur/issues/1022

1 Like

Thought it would be a good idea to say this now works as expected. Thanks.