Android: feed should refresh at top of view when pulled down

I often leave Newsblur within a feed folder view.

When pulling down at the top of the view, it does not refresh, but I think it should!

What does make the feed refresh is scrolling downwards from the top set of results, which would make sense if they were bottom up and I was at the bottom already, but not when they’re top down.

So! Please consider to add an action to refresh a feed folder view when over scrolled at the top?

Ta!

app version: 12.0.1
android version: 12 (SP1A.210812.016.S901EXXS2AVHD)
device: samsung SM-S901E (taro)
sqlite version: 3.32.2
username: spongbeaux
server: default
speed: 103 feeds in conn:3997 read:6 parse:4 store:11
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: yes
prefetch: no
notifications: no
keepread: no
thumbs: no

Just coming back to this…
When you sort from most recent descending (top down) it’d be more intuitive if pulling down at the top refreshed the view, rather than scrolling down through past articles as it still works now…

Hmm, we used to have this on iOS and I think it was confusing because people thought it would re-fetch the feeds, not just pull the latest stories. Really what should happen is that new stories should be auto-loaded in. Anyway, what I do is just go back to the main list and re-enter the folder to get new stories.

Well kinda, except that new stories load in when you scroll down anyway… So my fast way (read limited-dexterity way) is not to nav folders where there’s more than a page of content, but to scroll a page into older stories which triggers “on its way” then back up. Which seems wrong.

But I take your point about people having conflicting expectations on feed refresh. I can’t think of a better fix for those people :rofl: