Android: can't view premium screen

When I use the kebab/meatball menu at the bottom right, and choose the “Premium subscription…” option, the app becomes a completely blank screen. Pressing back takes me back to the main view. Waiting several minutes doesn’t change anything.

app version: 12.1.1
android version: 12 (SP2A.220505.008.2023020600)
device: Google Pixel 3a (sargo)
sqlite version: 3.32.2
username: ednos
server: default
speed: 0 feeds in conn:0 read:0 parse:0 store:0
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: unknowm
prefetch: yes
notifications: yes
keepread: yes
thumbs: yes

The subscription screen was refactored since your app version.
The latest version should be out soon. cc @samuelclay

@andrei Apart from the premium archive subscription, is the latest Android app in sictiru branch ready to release?

@samuelclay Ready for release but I’d put out a beta release for a few days and then promoting it to production just because many changes went in since the last release.

There’s been a beta v13.0.0b4 since February and no commits since, so I’m going to release that to Production now.

@samuelclay No commits since February? Did you pull the latest from the sictiru branch?

I just installed the 13.0.0 update, and the same problem occurs.

I couldn’t reproduce the issue on 13.0.0 from Play Store. @ednos Could you take a video of the issue?
@samuelclay Actually I forgot to push the sictiru branch in the parent repo since Feb. The latest changes are now available there as well.

Just published v13.1.0 with all of those changes. This should also put us back into compliance with the min SDK version. Should be approved within a day or two.

Sorry, I missed the notification for your reply. Thank you for spending some time on this. I am now on 13.0.0 and see the same issue; however, I am using the package from F-Droid. Upon further investigation, it appears the F-Droid packagers are removing subscription- and billing-related components:

F-Droid build removes Play Services, BillingClient, Play InApp-Review.

Near the bottom, the list of commands used to strip these components from the most recent version are visible:

- versionName: 13.0.0
    versionCode: 212
    commit: cc748198db2b65f6fd47aa59e641963b3bec3f06
    subdir: clients/android/NewsBlur/app
    gradle:
      - yes
    rm:
      - clients/android/NewsBlur/app/src/main/java/com/newsblur/service/SubscriptionSyncService.kt
      - clients/android/NewsBlur/app/src/main/java/com/newsblur/subscription
    prebuild:
      - pushd ../../../..
      - mv clients/android/NewsBlur ..
      - rm -r ./*
      - mkdir -p clients/android
      - mv ../NewsBlur clients/android
      - popd
      - sed -i -e '/com.google.android.play/d' -e '/billingclient/d' build.gradle
      - sed -i -z -E -e 's/<service[^>]+SubscriptionSyncService[^>]+\/>//' src/main/AndroidManifest.xml
      - cd src/main/java/com/newsblur
      - sed -i -e '/play.core/d' -e '/void checkInAppReview/,/^    }/d' -e '/checkInAppReview/d'
        -e '/reviewInfo != null/,/^        }$/c super.onBackPressed();' -e '/Review/d'
        activity/FeedItemsList.java
      - sed -i -e '/SubscriptionSyncService/d' activity/InitActivity.kt activity/LoginProgress.kt
        util/PrefsUtils.java
      - echo 'package com.newsblur.activity;class SubscriptionActivity:NbActivity()
        {}' > activity/SubscriptionActivity.kt

I suspect that this is a limitation of the F-Droid build that I will need to accept if I continue using it.