Android: beta 5.0. App could not find any new stories. Had to uninstall and reinstall

Opened newsblur last evening to catch up. It didn’t find any new stories, but showed 3 unread global stories. Opening the global section, there was only 1.

Opening the all stories section took ages while the top bar flashed alternately with the bottom bar showing “on its way” to eventually show no new stories. I went to bed.

This morning is the same. On the main screen, dragging down shows “catching up on 5 reading actions” followed by “on its way…” then nothing new.

A web browser to the newsblur site shows I have 454 unread stories.

I have closed newsblur app, forced it closed, reopened. In the end I had to uninstall and reinstall the app. It loaded the list immediately and all stories can be read.

A hiccup, I mention it in case there is something in an update that needs fixing

app version: 5.0.0android version: 4.4.2 (KOT49H.T700XXU1ANF9)device: samsung SM-T700 (universal5420)sqlite version: 3.7.11username: JimBserver: defaultmemory: normalspeed: 0 feeds in conn:0 read:0 parse:0 store:0pending actions: pre:5 post:0premium: unknownprefetch: nokeepread: nothumbs: no

1 Like

Sorry this happened.  If it does happen again, can you first try logging out and logging back in before reinstalling and seeing if that helps?  This is a bug we haven’t been able to reproduce, but that extra step of info will help us greatly.

Will do.