Android: app not working

fyi my android newsbkur app doesn’t update right and feeds don’t load as of two weeks ago or so… thx

app version: 4.9.0
android version: 6.0 (MRA58K release-keys)
device: HTC HTC6525LVW (MSM8974)
sqlite version: 3.8.10.2
username: jonwreed
memory: normal
speed: 0 feeds in conn:0 read:0 parse:0 store:0
pending actions: pre:1 post:0
premium: unknown
prefetch: no
keepread: no

1 Like

Based on your info, it looks like the app is having a hard time talking to the NewsBlur servers.  Are you running any adblockers, firewalls, proxies, or 3rd party security software? If so, have you tried with them disabled?

The next release of the app is slightly better at handling network failures and still letting you read, but if the app is totally cut off from the network, we’ll need to get to the bottom of that!

ok cool - sounds like I should maybe wait for the next release then. No I don’t run adblockers or firewalls. Newsblur has worked perfectly for me until about two weeks ago and now of course the app doesn’t really work at all since it doesn’t update and feeds can’t be read. Unfortunately it took me a little while to figure out it wasn’t working as I was in heavy travel mode so I can’t really tie it to an event. As you know Android and all its apps update all the time. 

Hello - just wanted to update on this - I was able to resolve this issue by logging out of Newsblur and logging back in, and after that, everything was updating properly again. Sorry I didn’t update this sooner, posting in case it helps others.