Android app crashes

Not sure if this was reported yet:

• Beta version crashed on me while trying to view this item from the blog’s feed: BAT Roadmap 2.0: Update 2
  • I unsubscribed from the beta, installed the stable version, then app crashed while trying to select a different article list type

In both instances this is reproducible on my phone, an up to date Galaxy S21 Ultra (Android 11).

1 Like

Same thing here. On the Android app, when I change “List Style” to anything except “List”, I can no longer open that feed (or more importantly, ‘All Stories’). FOr the feeds that were messed up, I just deleted and re-added it on my PC. I do not see any options that would allow me to adjust ‘All Stories’ on the PC. Thank you.

Up to date Pixel 4a 5G (Android 11),

1 Like

I have the same symptoms as kjtree. Here’s some information generated from the Send app feedback:

app version: 11.0
android version: 11 (RQ3A.210805.001.A1)
device: Google Pixel 5 (redfin)
sqlite version: 3.28.0
username: evol
server: default
speed: 0 feeds in conn:0 read:0 parse:0 store:0
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: unknown
prefetch: no
notifications: no
keepread: no
thumbs: yes

Edit: Clearing app data resets everything and makes All Stories work again as expected.

Thanks, evol. I also cleared data/cache and was then able to access ‘All Stories’ and everything else. Still an issue on the app.

Thanks for flagging this. I’ve written it up and it should be addressed soon. Here’s ticket to follow:

@samuelclay
Fix is ready to be pushed to beta/production.
There was a incompatibility between the list styles that was missed during the redesign.

1 Like

Hi all,

I retested the current beta …

1. the app still crashes when loading this blog item
  2. the crash when switching the list style was indeed fixed :clap:

Interestingly I cleared the cache, and now that item loads fine.