Android: 4.7.0b1 still magically unmarking stories as read

There I am reading stories, and it is CES time so there are more I’m actually reading rather than just marking as read.

I returned from one of these reads and scrolled the screen slightly. The 3 stories I’d just read magically marked themselves as unread, returning to a bold text rather than greyed out.

I do still infrequently get stories I have “marked as read” reappearing and pushing the unread ones down the screen. Occasionally it seems as if there is an extra new story in amongst those but when I spent a day taking screenshots every time I marked a group read, it didn’t go wrong. Shortly after I stopped taking screenshots, a group of read and marked stories came back.

It just gets so frustrating. The rest of the app is great.

app version: 4.7.0b1
android version: 4.4.2 (KOT49H.T700XXU1ANF9)
device: samsung SM-T700 (universal5420)
sqlite version: 3.7.11
username: JimB
memory: normal
speed: 36 feeds in conn:931 read:4 parse:48 store:42
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: yes
prefetch: yes
keepread: no

1 Like

Sorry for the continued frustration.  I am, however, still pretty confused about what you are trying to describe.  What is the timeframe of the behaviour? How are you marking read, by reading, by mark-all-read, by long-press-mark-read, or long-press-mark-older/newer-read? Are you marking stories and then going back to that feed quite a bit later (hours/days) or very quickly (minutes) when you see them flip back?  When revisiting the offending feed, do the stories briefly show their correct/read state and flip to incorrect/read or do they immediately appear as unread and you just recall that you read them? Do you read NewsBlur via any other clients or the web, or just the Android app? Do you ever use the long-press-mark-unread feature?  Do you read in all-stories mode or unreads-only mode?

I’ve been trying to get this to happen on any of my devices or accounts for about 3 weeks and haven’t had any luck.  I’d love to get to the bottom of what is special about your device or account or pattern of use!