Android 15.0.4's bottom hover buttons

This is how the new UI looks on my side. My issue refers to the bottom button bar (Sorry, I don’t know its designated name) that starts with the + symbol and the All, Unread, Focus, Saved and Preferences.

Inside a feed, this bar migrates to “All Newest”, “Search” and mark all articles as read:

In both views, I do find it hard to select entries from the bottom of a list. Some edge cases are almost impossible to select. I need to move the entries down in order to get them between the absolute bottom below that button bars and try to click on them in the tiny space left without accidentally invoking any NewsBlur button of that button bar or the system bar below.

I’d say this is not an option for smaller screens or older people.

I tried to locate some settings to make this hover bar a normal button bar that does not cover the content of the lists. Maybe I don’t know exactly what to look for.

However, I really would like to change that behavior as it constantly gets in my way the way it is now.

For the story list, go to Preferences > Story Layout > Story list toolbar position and choose Top. That puts the controls above the stories so they don’t cover the content.

The main feed list doesn’t have that option, nor does it need it. You should still be able to scroll the last entries above the floating bar. Does the last entry stay covered even when you scroll all the way to the bottom?