Why are my feeds capped at 25 items?

Why are my feeds capped at 25 items?

If I don’t check one of my high activity feeds for a day or two, it stops updating and just caps it at the 25 oldest items. Why is this? It defeats the whole purpose of using an RSS reader if it doesn’t update the actual RSS feed.

1 Like

So the feed only cuts off if you aren’t active. The active date is 3 days. Bumped it up to a week.

How exactly does this work? I’ve been using Newsblur for a while now but it’s the first time I’ve heard of this. If I don’t open a any given feed for three days, it won’t update at all? What if I wait for five days, will I have two days worth of stories? What’s the reasoning behind this?

I’ve had the same experience as the OP since for a couple of weeks now I had to cut down my online time and whenever checking Newsblur I had the impression that some feeds were not updating and instead constantly showing the same number of unread items, although some of them sites that are updated several times a day.

That active date just refers to you logging into your account and performing some action. Just reading one feed makes all of your other feeds active.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It’s only part of the answer though.
Let’s say a feed shows 12 unread items on my third day of inactivity and ‘cuts off’. I log in on the fifth day. During these two days, another three stories have been published. What will the unread count be? Still 12? Will the other three ever appear in my stories or are they lost?

Well, it’s now 7 days, so in this scenario nothing out of the ordinary would happen. But if you go over 7 days and there are no other active subscribers, the feed will cut down to 25 temporarily, and then boost back up to what it can fetch when you return.

I’m open to moving that 7 days up to something more like 30 days.

Thanks for the reply. I think it would be nice to up it to something like 14 or 30 days, as it’s reasonable for someone to be busy for a while, or on vacation, etc. and not be able to check their rss feeds during that time, yet still want to come back and have any of the feeds they missed waiting for them.